In today's educational environment the ability to create and maintain a well-managed environment is key to the wellbeing and success of children and teachers.
The workshop is designed for teachers who would benefit from having additional knowledge and tools to manage their classroom environments and children's behaviour.
It will cover the following:
- What causes misbehaviour - understanding the drivers of children's behaviour and the 80-15-5 principle
- Building effective teacher-student relationships
- creating and shaping positive behavior
- understanding how to maximise motivation and increase 'on task' behaviour
- a three stage approach for working with misbehaviour -
- what to say and what to do
- specific actions and "scripts"
- tools for building student self-management
- Glasser's Car
- Motivational interviewing
This workshop will be active and practical
NB: Courses will be confirmed by email and an invoice sent to school. Payment is required prior to course. Withdrawal will incur $50.00 admin fee per enrolment. No refund if withdrawal is within 10 days of course. Substitutions can be made.
Date: Thursday 9 September 9.00am – 12.30pm
Target Group: All Teachers, PCTs
Investment: $200.00 + GST
Venue: Mana Cruising Club, Pascoe Ave, Mana, Porirua