Using groups is one of your key tools for
- managing your class
- dealing with a range of difference in student needs
- helping students to be self-managing
However just putting students into groups does not necessarily mean that the groups will operate well and individuals will do the work expected of them.
This highly practical workshop will give all the knowledge, skills and tools you will need to confidently get groups working well in your classroom. You will learn how to:
- Construct groups that are likely to work
- Use simple ‘group structures’ to build students skills in group work
- Ensure that students are accountable and get work done in group situations
- Help students develop the social and working together skills they need to become effective ‘team players’
You will be able to start using many of these tools the next day in your classroom if you want.
NB: Courses will be confirmed by email and an invoice sent to school. Payment is required prior to course. Withdrawal will incur $50.00 admin fee per enrolment. No refund if withdrawal is within 10 days of course. Substitutions can be made.
Date: Wednesday 12 August 9.00am – 12.00noon
Target Group: PCTs, Teachers, Relievers.
Investment: $170.00 +gst
Venue: Mana Cruising Club , Pascoe Ave, Mana, Porirua